- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon (125g) sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee* or 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups full fat milk ( 625 ml)
- 70 grams dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon butter (28g) at room temperature
Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, cornflour and mix it in a pot. Add half the milk and cook it on low to medium flame. You have to keep stirring the mixture otherwise lumps would be formed. Gradually add the rest of the milk. Keep stirring. After about 10-12 minutes the mixture will start getting thick. Once it becomes thick, take it off the heat and gradually add the chopped dark chocolate and the butter. You will get a smooth chocolate mixture. In the glass or bowl you want to serve, add crushed biscuits and pour the mixture. Cover it with a plastic wrap otherwise a skin will form. Chill for 4-5 hours. Garnish with your favourite fruit and enjoy your homemade pudding!
The texture is similar to a custard that we are used to having.
Recipe :- Makes 6 to 8 Servings.
*NOTE – If you don’t want to use coffee, you can add 2 tsp vanilla while adding the chocolate and the butter.