Want to enjoy homemade biriyani made just at home? Of course, why don’t we try and make this amazing dish and enjoy it with our family? Here is the Home Biriyani dish recipe.
- 1 Kilo Chicken
- Ginger Paste – 2 Tablespoon
- Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Nutmeg – 1
- Mace – 2
- Dhaniya Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Jeera Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Black Peppercorns – 5-8 peppercorns
- Shahi Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom – 4-5
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 2
- Oil 2-3 Tablespoon
- Curd – 2 Tablespoon
- Barista of 2 onions
- 500 grams Rice
- Aaloo Bukhara – 6
- Fried Potatoes – 3
- Few kebab chini
- Milk powder – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Ghee 1-2 Tablespoons
- Marinate the Chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Then marinate the chicken again with buttermilk along with nutmeg, mace, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom and cloves. Add some oil and curd to this mixture.
- Chicken should be in the marination for a minimum of one hour.
- In the meantime, cook the rice 70-80℅ with bay leaf, cardamon, and cinnamon.
- In another vessel, cook the chicken along with the marination. The chicken should also be cooked 70-80% and not all the way through.
Layering and Assembly
- Now finally take a big covered bowl.
For the first layer, put the chicken with the gravy in it, then the full fried potatoes and then some barista.
- Top it with some aaloo bukhara and some chini kebab, then put the half-boiled rice on top. Put some barista over the rice again.
- Then in a bowl take milk powder, water, ghee and white oil. Mix it and then pour it on top of the rice.
- Cover the bowl and cook it till steam comes out.
- Then open it and mix it well. Your biryani is ready!
Note: if you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by putting 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar in 1 cup of milk and keep it aside for a few minutes.
Have a great time with homemade biriyani.
She is an entrepreneur and a professional by nature. But love to spend time with family and friends.